ALPHA Camp has an exciting new opportunity for part-time/freelance Technical English/Chinese translator to help us translate technology training material. Summary of the job and requirements:
The successful candidates will be responsible for translating a range of documents and content, for example:
- Educational content: immediately our web development course and others in future
- Communications for our student engagement and management
- Copywriting of our online learning platform
- Good and effective communication skills
- Good command of English and Chinese (a must)
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Able to work a few hours every day as needed on an on-going basis (10 to 15 hours a week). Work from our office in Taipei or anywhere you want.
- At least two years of proven translation experience, this can be freelance or part-time in any industry or subject
- Experience translating educational material
- Experience translating IT/technology/programming material would be an advantage
- Able to work with Google Docs, implement specific styles and formatting as per AC standards
What ALPHA Camp can offer you:
Flexible schedule and working style, you won't need to come into the office.
Competitive compensation based on the speed and quality of outputs
A chance to work with an exciting startup with like-minded, passionate and knowledgeable team members who want to empower others.
Compensation: NT$ 15,000 - 25,000 per month
Attractive We will discuss payment with the right candidate after a short assessment and interview.
About ALPHA Camp
—A brief history
ALPHA Camp (AC) was founded with the mission to help people develop meaningful and rewarding careers in the new economy. We teach people the skills and mindset that will not only help them stay relevant but succeed in this age of technological acceleration.
We launched our first seminar in Taiwan in 2014 and later expanded to Singapore in 2016, partnering with Singapore's government to help its citizens develop careers in technology. Since then we have trained over 4,000 individuals, and our Bootcamp has graduated over 300 alumni who are working as software developers, designers, and digital marketers in MNCs and various startups across Asia.
Today, we offer a diverse portfolio of training programs for both consumers (2C) and corporates (2B) in Taiwan and Singapore.
—Combining data, technology, and community
There are four reasons we decided to move our program online:
1. To help more people by allowing them to learn online, anywhere, and at their own pace
2. To ensure consistency in delivering our course content via videos, graphs, and text
3. To gather in-depth learning data from a large set of students so we can optimise and improve our content and course design
4. To harness the power of social discussions, gamification, personalised learning, and other potential techniques and technology to improve engagements and learning effectiveness
While we believe technology will help us to substantially improve both the experience and the effectiveness of our courses, we also understand that there elements that make learning in an offline classroom effective. One of these key elements is the trust and sense of community built via personal interactions. As such, we try to include personal elements in our training programs to ensure a sense of community is built among our students.
What to do next:
If you are interested, please tell us more about yourself by completing this short questionnaire💡.
We will review your resume and prepare a short assessment based on the role you are applying for and your skills.