Before submitting your resume onto whatever the site it is. Shall we make out if you have avoided 7 resume problems XD
- Does summary as well as accomplishment statement begin with strong, varied action verbs?
- Is the content flow logical and easy to understand?
- Does your resume include relevant keywords to your past experience and desired position?
- Does the content include appropriate buzzwords, and industry acronyms relevant to your position?
- Did you avoid writing the resume in an implied first-person voice with personal pronouns (I, me, my, our, we, etc)?
- Is the resume as perfect as possible, with no careless typos or spelling, grammar, or syntax errors?
- Does a resume provide a visually pleasing, polished presentation?
- Given your career level are the resume length and overall appearance appropriate?
- Are all resume sections clearly named and formatted?
- Are sections placed in the chronological of functional order to highlight your strongest credentials?
- Does a resume highlight your skill set and core competencies?
- Is your work history listed in reverse chronological order (most recent job first)?
- Is the resume targeted to a specific career goal, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all document?
- Is a career summary included so the reader immediately knows your value proposition?
- Do you highlight your professional goals and a reason why are you looking for a new job in a resume?
- If this is a resume for a career change, does it include supporting details that show how your past experience is relevant to the new job?
- Does the resume include a solid listing of your career accomplishments?
- Are accomplishments quantified by using numbers, percentages, dollar amounts, or other concrete measures of success?
- Do accomplishment statements begin with strong, varied action verbs?
- Are your accomplishments separated from your responsibilities?
- Is the information relevant to hiring managers' needs?
- Does resume content support your career summary?
- Did you include keywords, appropriate buzzwords, and industry acronyms?
- Is applicable, additional information (awards and affiliations) included, and is personal information unrelated to the job (marital status, age, nationality) omitted?
- Is the resume inviting to read, with clear sections and ample white space?
- Is there a good balance between text and white space?
- Are margins even on all sides?
- Is contact information included (email, phone, name, etc)
CRK Commercial Insurance Services
Hayco Manufacturing Ltd
National Cheng Kung University
Linmark Agency (Hong Kong) Limited