Do you want to get in on the ground floor of an award-winning global startup that is solving a truly meaningful problem in the world?
PenguinSmart is looking for a Marketing Intern to help contribute to the development of our AI-assisted online rehab therapy services enabling more effective speech therapy, a need that affects 1 out of every 6 children.
PenguinSmart is enabling intelligent, individualized rehab therapy for all, starting with online speech and language therapy support for children. Founded by Harvard & MIT alumni, our team combines the latest data sciences with expert insights to empower caregivers to become a key part of their loved ones' rehab journey. We are using this family-centered model of teletherapy to first remotely serve the 1 in 6 families with developmentally delayed children while developing tools to further empower speech language pathologists. Our solutions not only increase the efficacy of rehab therapy, but they also allow therapists to oversee 8x as many patients without sacrificing quality of care. PenguinSmart was named one of the Top 10 Disruptive Parenting Companies by Disruptor Daily.
mypenguinsmart.com (EN) | qierbao.com (CN)
We are currently expanding our tech platform to support growth with organizational customers in China, Taiwan, and the US. PenguinSmart is a graduate of Alchemist Accelerator (#1 enterprise startup accelerator in the US) and SparkLabs Taipei, and was named one of the Top 5 Startups in the Taiwan Tech Arena by TechOrange.
- Assist in the promotion of new plans and lead the promotion of new marketing projects
- Support the execution of relevant social media marketing plans
- Assist in the operations, administration and marketing business matters
- Assist in collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Assist in preparing market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Assist in managing and updating company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Support marketing events
- Assist in designing and presenting new social media campaign ideas
- Monitoring all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Current enrollment in a related BS (Year 3+) or Masters degree
- Can read/write/speak Mandarin Chinese & English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and with clear & logical thinking
- Adapt to the startup: good self-management ability, courage to challenge yourself, self-learning
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
Good to Have
- Previous personal or professional experience in mainland China
- Previous Internship in startup or other company with the experience of marketing, planning and strategic management
- Previous experience in medical, education, psychology, and social work
- Familiarity with social media platforms and marketing channel in Mainland China
Preferred Interests/ Department
- Health, Child development, Early-childhood education, Special Education, Psychology, Sociology, Business Administration, Marketing
- Time Commitment: flexible; Minimum 15 hours a week to be considered, *hours and schedule are negotiable
- Compensation: unpaid, basic stipend depending on experience and time commitment
- Location: Taipei. The candidate will be working closely with teammates distributed across the US, Taiwan, and mainland China