Location: The successful candidate will be based in Taipei.
Period: 3 months with possibility to extend
EJF is a non-governmental organisation with headquarters in London working globally to combat Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) and associated issues such as human trafficking in the seafood industry. We are looking for an intern who is enthusiastic about these issues to based in Taipei working with our Taiwanese team.
Raising awareness about the threats faced by our oceans and the people who work on them will be the focus of the three-months placement. You will gain experience of working in an international NGO, collaborating with different EJF offices and other ocean-focused international as well as Taiwanese organisations. Many of our interns go on to work for EJF and other leading NGOs. You will be able to constructively develop the communication plan for social media and help the public understand not only the problems but also EJF’s recommendations to fix them, revolving around great transparency.
- Work with the EJF Taiwan team to produce content for social media
- Conduct human right and sustainable fisheries related research
- Translate reports, documents, webpage etc. between English and Chinese
- Help organise campaign press releases and events and coordinate our work with other NGOs
- Professional level of Chinese and English. Any other Asian language is a plus
- Understanding of sustainability and human right issues
- Familiar with managing social media
- Basic skill of Photoshop is a plus
Working hour: 9:30 am to 6:30pm with an hour for lunch, 3 days a week (other arrangements can be discussed)
Remuneration: Work-related expenses, daily commute and lunch will be covered.
Closing date for applications: 1st July 2019
To apply please send your CV (English and Chinese) and a short covering email explaining why you would like to intern for EJF to firstname.lastname@example.org